Monday, February 24, 2014

Powder Room Primed, Painted

Oh man, I'm gonna make this real quick because we are cutting it so so so so close - thisclose - on this powder room, guys. If I hadn't already mentioned, we have roughly 50 people descending on our house this Friday for a house show with David Bazan (our second) and we were trying to beat the clock so we would have two bathrooms.

It ain't lookin' great but it ain't lookin' awful either. But the longer I sit here and type, the less time I have to be downstairs, working on tile and paint and everything, ahhhhhhh!!!! 

Okay. So, this past weekend we got all of the trim put up and we primed the bathroom. Huzzah!


Now, I had mentioned the tinted primer before kind of casually when I talked about fixing the window but here it is in all of its matte gray glory. 


I don't have to tell you guys that tintable primer means a dark color is going on the walls. 
And the trim
And the little nook thing


...basically everything.
Everything except the ceiling and floor is getting the same, dark color. Well, at this point it's already gotten the same dark color as we put the first coat of paint on last night. 

I'm going to wait to take a full-room picture until the room is completely painted and has something on the walls but you can catch a little glimpse of it in this picture with our floor tile. 


It's black, it's shiny, and it's absolutely amazing. I mean, I had my doubts when we were doing the window but now, seeing it in the entire room. It's just...hot.
I'll talk a little more about it and the ridiculous process of finding it when I take a picture of the entire room. 

Now then, the floor tile. You might have noticed that it's similar to, but not the same as our upstairs bathroom tile


I know I had planned to do the downstairs powder room with the leftover tile from upstairs but we only had a few sheets of tile left and they were missing a lot of pieces that we had pulled out to do this pattern. 

So, we went with a similar tile but in a matte finish instead of glossy from Lowe's. I realize now that I probably should've done matte for the upstairs bathroom but that's the way the cookie crumbles. That said, I still LOVE the upstairs bathroom floor more than life itself. 


But this downstairs bathroom...woo boy, it's a looker! We're going to do a white grout down here instead of the dark grout like upstairs. I'm interested to see if it makes the process any easier since we spent SO much time upstairs trying to get all of the very high contrast grout lines even. 

Alright, so that's that! We've primed, we've painted, we're starting the tile today (hopefully).
Wish us luck! 



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! Your place is lookin' mighty sharp as well. I just took a little peek and I've got some serious catching up to do tonight!

      Delete

Comments are the fuel that keeps this blog going. Leave one! Heck, leave two!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...