Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Black Powder Room: Details

I'm sure you're all waiting with bated breath to see the reveal of the little toilet closet turned powder room but as you all know if you've been reading since the beginning, little Katherine just CANNOT decorate a room quickly.

Blame it on the thrift store reliance, blame it on the laziness, blame it on the rain, whatever.

Anyway you slice it, the room isn't decorated - or even close - and so I'm going to take my time before I show the whole room off.

Also, as you'll soon witness, I can't take/edit a picture well to save my life and having an all-black bathroom, while neat, is VERY difficult to take a good photo in. Which means a big reveal will have to wait until Conan has time to take some nice pictures.

Until then, here are a few pics of some of the little details around the new, very black powder room.


You might remember me mentioning that we were using an old door we found in the basement. Well, it's been sized up, hung, and given a nice coat of our favorite, trusty Howard Feed & Wax. We didn't stop there, though. The old doorknob was just metal, not glass, so we took this beautiful, black, glass knob off of one of the basement doors. Can you believe something this pretty was in the basement? These people 100 years ago really had their decorating game on point. I mean, a black, glass knob in the BASEMENT?!


If you've been reading for several years now, you may remember this towel rack from the upstairs bathroom. It came with the house so it was our favorite price - ZERO doll hairs. That left me a little wiggle room to buy a nice, coral hand towel from Tar-jay. Ooh la la!


You can really see the glossiness of the paint in this photo. I'm doing a gallery wall kind of thing and I'm still looking for the perfect mirror. Right now I'm thinking something frameless and simple but who knows, with a shine like that, I may just do without a mirror all together ; ) Truth be told, I've kind of hit a mental block with mirror inspiration and I'm just waiting for something to jump out at me. I'd love to hear any suggestions!


We also re-used the toilet paper holder from the upstairs bathroom as well as the toilet.
Go team recycle! Go team budget remodel! 

Speaking of budget, as soon as I get a mirror and a couple more frames, I'll do a final tally of the little powder room with the big reveal. I originally planned to re-use the old tile to save dough (we didn't have enough so we bought new), but I also planned to spend $90 on the sink (we spent $25) so it'll be interesting to see how we did in the end.

Thanks for reading! 

Keep Smiling! 

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I can hardly wait to see the whole thing! Once again y'all have done a wonderful job while keeping costs down. I don't see how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! I can hardly wait to show it off, too! And it's funny, I felt like we've maybe spent TOO much on such a small room but we'll see...I'm still putting off sorting through all of the receipts ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I kind of *have* been waiting with bated breath! :) But it's ALWAYS worth waiting for! Looking forward to seeing the whole thing in its glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeps! Sorry to keep you waiting but it's aaaaaaaaalmost complete : )

      Delete
  4. please, please don't stop blogging. you are my ultimate inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the fuel that keeps this blog going. Leave one! Heck, leave two!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...